WHY ARE WE CANADA'S LARGEST RIBFEST?
There are a number of ways you can measure how we got our title:
You could measure by attendance numbers… we broke the attendance record in 2016 when more than 183,000 people attended the festival!
You could measure by the amount of ribs we sold…would you believe that more than 150,000 pounds of ribs were sold over the course of the four-day event? Well, it’s true!
You could measure by the number of Rib Teams that participate…we annually welcome 18 “Ribber Teams” from across North America!
You could measure by the amount of money raised for the community…close to $5 million has been raised for local community organizations and charities over the last 25 years!
A SELECTION OF OUR PROCEEDS BEING DISTRIBUTED OVER THE YEARS
Canada’s Largest Ribfest is a fundraising initiative of Rotary Burlington Lakeshore. Last year, the proceeds from the festival were donated to:
- Burlington Counselling & Family Services
- Canadian Diabetes Association Summer Camp
- Canadian Mental Health Association Summer Camp
- Carpenter Hospice
- CCAC Child Abuse Emergency Fund
- Cheshire Homes (Carey House)
- Danielle’s Place
- Halton Aphasia
- Joseph Brant Hospital
- JBMH Aux
- MS Supportive Housing Complex
- Reach Out Centre for Kids
- Terry Fox Run
- Able Sail
- Burlington Green
- Burlington Humane Society
- Camp Enterprise
- Camp Manitou
- Canadian Legion Branch 60
- Community Living Burlington
- Crime Stoppers of Halton
- Halton Regional Police Smart Risk Safety Program
- Lighthouse Centre for Grieving Children
- Out of the Cold
- Rotary Foundation and International Rotary projects
- The Lighthouse Homeless Shelter (Oakville)
- North BurLINKton Community Group