1. When are you open?
- Friday, September 4th – 11am to 11pm
- Saturday, September 5th – 11am to 11pm
- Sunday, September 6th – 11am to 11pm
- Monday, September 7th – 11am to 7pm
2. Park Map
3. What is the cost of admission?
Free! We appreciate donations at our West and East Gates or in any of our Beverage Tents.
4. How do I best support Rotary?
Canada’s Largest Ribfest is Burlington’s premier fundraising event proudly organized by Rotary Burlington Lakeshore. Funds raised at Ribfest support countless programs. You can help us give back to the community by mailing a cheque to: Rotary Burlington Lakeshore, P.O. Box 85103, Burlington, ON, L7R 4K3
5. Are children allowed in?
Yes, at all times. Family Rides at Ribfest are brought by Magical Midways Inc.
6. Is there a Lost & Found?
Yes, it is located at the security tent by the pier.
7. Alcohol Responsibility
Canada’s Largest Ribfest is a licensed event and alcohol can be purchased during the festival. Ribfest is also a family event, and we encourage everyone to enjoy themselves, be responsible with your alcohol consumption, and don’t drink and drive.
8. What are the 50/50 prices?
Last year’s winner took home $16,227.50! LL#11070. Check here to purchase! Please play responsibly!
9. Is there a Volunteer FAQs page?
Yes, are are glad you asked, this link will take you to the volunteer FAQ’s.
1. Where can I park?
We do not have a Ribfest designated lot but be sure to use any of the city lots during your stay. Click here to view parking information.
2. Where is Accessible Parking or Drop-Off?
Accessible Parking is available by Spencer’s Restaurant as well as around the downtown core. Visit this interactive map for full details.
3. Is there a shuttle this year?
We discontinued our shuttle bus, as Burlington Transit provides convenient transportation routes. Visit their website to plan your trip here.
4. Can I bring my dog or other pets?
The promenade is open to all, including your pets. Once you enter the fenced-in event space, only service animals are permitted. Security can check for supporting documents. There is a City regulation prohibiting other pets in the event area during special events due to the large crowds.
5. Can I bring my bicycle into the park?
We have an unstaffed bike corral near the East entrance of the park at Brant and Lakeshore Road. Ribfest takes no responsibility for any lost or stolen items.
6. Is there boat docking available?
Not ideal. Very limited areas, no docks.
7. Are there Ribfest hotel rates?
8. Is there nearby camping?
9. I am a vendor, where do I park?
Parking is the full responsibility of the vendor. Please visit the city parking map for locations.
1. Are there rib coupons this year?
2. Do vendors accept Debit or Credit cards?
No, however there are ATM machines onsite.
3. Do the beverage tents accept Debit or Credit cards?
Yes, they accept Debit, Credit, and cash.
4. Can I bring my own water bottle?
You can bring an empty water bottle to fill at our water station, located on the East end of the park.
5. Who are this year’s rib teams and vendors?
Check back soon to see the list of rib teams attending this year!
6. What is the price of ribs this year?
$25 full rack, less for smaller portions. All food vendors set their own prices. All prices are tax included.
7. Do you serve beef ribs?
Yes, some rib teams have beef as well.
8. Are there any gluten-free rib options?
The following ribbers have gluten free sauce: Pistol Pete’s Smokehouse, Memphis Blazin’ BBQ, Horn Dawgs, Crabby’s BBQ Shack, Billy Bones BBQ, Hawgs Gone Wild, Gator BBQ, Bibbs Bar-B-Q, Camp 31, Uncle Sams BBQ and Silver Bullet BBQ.
9. Are there vegetarian/vegan foods available?
Vendors with these options will be listed when the 2020 vendor list is posted.
10. What other kinds of foods are available in addition to ribs?
Chicken, hot dogs, sausages, corn, baked potatoes, French fries, fried onions, donuts, funnel cakes, elephant ears, popcorn, ice cream, candies and more…
11. Who supplies the ribs?
12. Who won the rib judging contest in 2019?
13. I’m interested in being a vendor. Where do I apply?
Our application window for 2020 vendors has closed. Check back on our website in the Fall to apply for our 2021 festival!
1. What bands are playing, and when?
Check back in the summer for our new lineup!
2. I’m interested in being an entertainer. Where can I apply?
The window to apply to perform at this year’s festival has closed. Please check back in the Fall when we open the applications again for next year.
3. I’m interested in being part of the Emerging Artists Showcase. When can I apply?
Applications for our Emerging Artists Showcase open in the Spring. Check back on our website then for more info.
*Due to the safety risk of holding a large scale event at this time, we have decided to cancel our 2020 festival. Please check back in the Fall for details about Canada’s Largest Ribfest 2021!
Please consider making a contribution to one of the following charities that would have benefited from this year’s event: Halton Food For Life, Burlington Food Bank, Salvation Army Food Bank, Food4Kids, Wellington Square Meal Program, Halton Women’s Place, The Carpenter Hospice, Joseph Brant Hospital or Rotary Burlington Lakeshore.
To donate, please follow this link: http://www.rotaryburlingtonlakeshore.ca/